The experience of shopping online with us is a bit different from shopping in the store, where browsing along the shelves will lead to unexpected discoveries. Here you can search for and purchase a wide variety of titles whenever you want, from your kitchen, your café table, your seat on the bus, wherever you happen to be. We’ll always have some highlighted choices from our staff and other independent booksellers from around the country, keeping you plied with fresh ideas for reading.
- Search for books—type title, author, isbn, keyword into the search box, and a list of possible matches will appear. Each book’s individual page will also indicate if it is available in paperback or hardback, and if an e-book or audio book is available. In addition, these pages also generally contain a description of the book, author information, and other useful ancillary information. "On our shelves now" means the book is available in store at the time of our most recent update-- done at least twice a day. "Usually ships in 1-5 days" means order it and choose in store pickup or to have it mailed--that 1-5 days is the typical time it takes to get to the store, not to you; some books will take longer than that, depending on the supplier. Some listings will ask you to call or email for a price. Please do contact us to confirm availability, price, waiting time, possible shipping charges.
- Through our partnerships with Kobo, for e-books, and Libro, for audio books, you can purchase books in those formats. You can search in the search boxes for Kobo and Libro, or you can, as above, find the format on the individual book page and choose the format you are interested in.
- Our staff picks and events pages will feature books we deem of special interest.
- At checkout you’ll have the option to have your selection shipped anywhere in the country, or to pick up in the store. Shipping costs will vary based on the method you choose; size and weight, distance and location can all be factors in determining the actual cost.
- If you are a Talking Leaves member, at checkout you can identify yourself as one and your discount will be applied to your sale. You may also become a member while shopping on the site.
- Use the “order comments” field on the checkout page to let us know if you have any special requests (gift wrap, gift receipt in package, etc.).
- If you are having your book(s) shipped (various options are available at checkout), you can pay online with most major credit cards. If you plan to pick up your purchase in the store, you have the option of paying online, or paying in store when you pick it up.
- You should receive two confirmations from us--an instant, automatic email confirming that we’ve received the order; later, after a bookseller has looked over the order, an email detailing the status of the item(s) you’ve ordered.